Ideas of ways to have ASD students recognized for their accomplishments and bring a positive focus on these students
· Sunshine awards
· Switch It Up Day- students change friends (on line packets available that can be sent to schools)
· Ideas from Inclusive Schools.org
· CAC Blog articles – by teachers, staff and students (this is read by Theresa Harrington from the Contra Costa Times and may expand into a newspaper article.) It may be possible to add a link to a separate website.
· Recognition at Board meetings – students, teachers and administrators
· Recognition at CAC meetings- students, teachers and administrators
· Lunch with the Superintendent, Board Members, etc…
· You Make A Difference and Celebration of Success Awards
· District Good News articles (Rebecca Jansen)
· High school journalism articles
· Teacher and SEA recognition certificates
· Student academic gains recognition certificates
· Movie night – Ask a local theater if they would sponsor a movie night for students achievements –possibly a sensory friendly viewing. Movie tickets for teachers and administrator for special achievements.
· Pizza night (see if a pizza restaurant would sponsor – maybe somewhere where they have a gluten-free crust!)